I would definitely contact the local urgent care or call 911 if able in the camp area and notify the father or guardian of the child immediately. Then, I would do triage nursing where I would monitor based on symptoms and how they pertain to the situation.
Here are some steps that you could do in regards to helping the girl at the summer camp who is having those symptoms:
1. Call the EMS; even if it is far away.
2. Call the nearest urgent care.
3. Call the nearest hospital.
4. Call the nearest rural mobile van.
I hope that she feels better soon.
If you have any emergency as a camp nurse, I would do the following:
1. I would call the local EMS.
2. I would call your local traveling mobile.
3. I would call the nearest hospital and see what information that they can give you.
I would make sure that the girl is OK by doing these things:
1. Go to the urgent care center if one is near your camp.
2. Call 911 and let them know where you are located so that they can help the girl and you and your staff as well.
3. Call a mobile doctor clinic and see what they say.
I hope this helps and congratulations on being a camp nurse.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.