The answer is “Yes.” You can be an RN and a freelancer at the same time. What you have to do though is do some research regarding the legalities on doing this because there are a few items and they are:
1. You would have to obtain your own EIN number from the IRS.
2. You would have to see about self-employment insurance.
3. You would have to do research on owning your own business and what entails in licensing.
4. You will do your taxes by doing schedule C.
Yes, an RN can be a freelancer. The RN needs to do the following things in order to become a freelancer:
1. Check with the IRS regarding the taxes.
2. Inquire about getting your EIN number.
3. Do research on freelancing in the nursing field.
4. Get a book on freelancing (especially in nursing).
5. Ask other nursing companies about freelancing options.
6. Ask about home healthcare companies about their freelancing options.
Of Course, an RN can be a freelancer. In fact, an RN can be anything that they want to become. I think that RN’s will be freelancers more and more for the next ten years.
A lot of RN’s are going the freelancer route for the following reasons:
1. They are tired of working the hospital or nursing long shifts.
2. They need a more flexible schedule.
3. They need more nursing options.
4. They want more and more specialties.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.