May 15, 2013 at 11:31 AM #6924
Jason Hautala RNMember
These are copied out of the Board Ideas thread, but wanted them as a top thread.
Below are the “official Guidelines” I have been asked to enforce. It is the intent of Mighty Nurse to leave the forums a little unrestricted until there are more threads and more people using the forums, at which point we will have to firm up the rules a little bit and make rules against some things we haven’t even thought of yet. Overall, be polite and professional and have fun, but as a baseline, this is what I was given:
Please do not:
• Post messages containing profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, hostile comments or threats of violence, including racial, ethnic or gender based insults.
• Post repetitive, disruptive or agitating messages or those that incite unacceptable, disruptive or prohibited behavior.
• Post personally identifiable information
• Bump threads
• Derail a threads topic
• Post links to phishing sites
• Discuss other members in a malicious way including clients, experts and suspended or inactive members. This includes insulting, denigrating, ridiculing or personally attacking other members or attempting to sabotage other experts.
• Advertise on the message boards. This includes advertising for non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations and your own website or profile.
No backseat moderating
• Let the forum moderators do the moderating. Backseat moderating is when people who are not moderators try to enforce the forum rules.
Users who are found to be repeat offenders will be removed from the forums
As a moderator, I have not had to delete any posts yet, thank you. It is my philosophy to let adults act like adults. If I find it necessary to delete a post, I will private message the person whose post I delete and tell them why I did it. If people have responded to legitimate parts of a post I deleted, I will try to re-post the valid parts of the post, leaving out the banned parts, just to make the forum flow better.
My goal here is to keep the forums fun and moving along without having too many rules for people to worry about. I TOTALLY agree with you on the all caps thing, it drives me crazy, but I know some people that do it, just because they find it easier to read themselves while they are typing, and no amount of telling them that is internet yelling is going to make them stop. I think we are mostly looking at content and intention and not so much style at this point, but thank you for adding your suggestions and I hope everyone takes note of them.
NOTE: I just deleted part of a post for the first time. I left a message on the thread I deleted it from and sent a private message to the person who posted it. Any questions or complaints about moderating should be sent to me via private message. If i don’t give you a satisfactory response within 24 hours, then feel free to contact an official Mighty Nurse employee. Please do not argue about moderating decisions in public, but feel free to post in the forum boards idea thread about what types of things you would like to see here.
Enjoy the forums.September 29, 2014 at 9:58 PM #16367
Jason Hautala RNMember
I know one of the above rules is no bumping up threads, but it has been 16 months since this was posted and it has fallen off the front page, so I just wanted to remind people of this one rule in particular:
DO NOT • Advertise on the message boards. This includes advertising for non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations and your own website or profile.
This issue has been one of the few reasons I have had to delete any posts, and I offended one person whose post I actually let stay up because I was being supportive of her non-profit.
If you have a product or service you want to advertise, post it to your profile, and then become active enough in the forums and stories that people look at your profile.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.