In LTC, with the new generation coming in (65-70ish) we are seeing more and more diagnosis of alcohol related dementia and psychosis related to opioid dependance. That would be in interesting read.
There is so much on mental illness and the older generation. Some ideas. . .. .
1. Decrease of psychiatrists and not getting good treatment.
2. The new medications out for elderly for mental illness, outcomes. Is it working.
3. Any advances in being able to diagnosis mental illness or aging (dementia).
4. Effects of environment that lead to illiness (mine workers, long term stress etc).
5. Restraints on elderly with AMS, confusion etc.
So many to pick. Just start with something or an idea of something that interests you, then ask why or how. .. And there you go!
Hope this helps.