February 25, 2015 at 5:58 AM #49169
Can an herb really impact our health? The research says yes.
Oregano is an aromatic herb that belongs to the mint family that is cultivated around the world. Its leaves and oils are medicinally used. Origanum Marjoram is the common oregano used for cooking. Origanum Vulgare is the wild oregano used for making oregano oil, which contain two powerful compounds that provide health benefits: carvacrol and thymol.
Studies have demonstrated that these two compounds have a significant systemic effect on keeping the body healthy via inhibiting the growth of bacteria, virus and fungi, which are the precipitating factors in most chronic diseases and illnesses.
Health Benefits of Oregano Oil:
* Antiviral and antibacterial properties help destroy organisms that contribute to infections.
* Antiparasitic properties are helpful in digestive problems.
* Strengthens the immune system by eliminating microbes.
* Oregano oil is an excellent chronic bladder infection remedy.
* Increase joint and muscles flexibility by eliminating inflammation.
* Improves chronic respiratory conditions.
* Applied topically, it can help treat skin infections, itchy skin and irritated gums.
* Thymol and carvacrol help calm stomachs upsets and aid digestion.
* Antioxidant properties in oregano oil exceeds apples and blueberries.
* Pregnant women are advised not to take Oil of Oregano regularly, as the oil when used regularly may reduce the ability to absorb iron.
* Oregano oil comes from the same family as thyme, basil, sage and mint, so if you have allergies to those, you may also react to oregano.
* When taking oregano oil internally, use a diluted dose as the highly concentrated oil may be harmful to your organs.
* Used topically, Oil of oregano may be moderately irritating to skin and can cause in some cases mucous membrane irritant. The oil should not be applied topically to mucous membranes in greater than a 1% concentration solution. In addition, children under the age of two years old as well as people with damaged or very sensitive skin should not use the oil topically.
This powerfully healing plant, as with so many herbs, when used appropriately can bring rapid healing changes to even the most chronic conditions.February 27, 2015 at 11:39 PM #49493
There are more herbs that have valuable health benefits and healing properties. I personally believe that herbs are great when preventing sickness and diseases. In some extent, herbs can really be very effective in healing; because let’s not forget that during the old days, people then hugely relied on plants and herbs in curing some health problems.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.